In the midst of the gloomy circumstances that we currently face in the country, we happily received our very pleasing results for the 2020 Cambridge Examinations. The results of all the levels; Checkpoint (Form 2), IGCSE / O level and ‘A’ level were impressive.
(a) Form Two Checkpoint
97% of our students passed the Cambridge Checkpoint Examinations. The following students had excellent average scores out of the maximum grade of six.
- Faith Nyajeka 5.4
- Thelma Chiumburu 5.3
- Gareth Mahwiridi 5.2
- Kudakwashe Sengweni 5.2
- Rufaro Masiyandima 5.1
- Nyasha Mundende 4.9
- Stephen Shangwa 4.7
- Caitlin Sithole 4.6
- Itayi Mutiza 4.6
- Ruvimbo Gara 4.6
- Anotida Bishi 4.6
- Chiedza Chipunza 4.5
- Tasimbanashe Mupinda 4.5
- Michael Ndudzo 4.5
- Dani Shumba 4.5
(b) IGCSE/ O Level
It is magnificent to note that our pass rate went up from 79.4% (2019) to 87.9%. What an achievement under difficult circumstances. The following students did very well (32%)
- Nokutenda Gumbie - 10As (8 being A*) Brilliant!!!
- Victor Gore - 9As (8 being A*) Brilliant !!!
- Tanatswa Mukuyu - 10As (7 being A*) Brilliant !!!
- Claviour Muchengi - 9As (4 being A*) Brilliant !!!
- Zaynah Ramjee - 10As (3 being A*) Brilliant !!!
- Mutsawashe Chamunorwa 7As (3 being A*) 1B and 1C
- Makomborero Gwanzura 6As (2 being A*) 2Bs and 1C
- Munashe Chitoro 6As (1 being A*) 3Bs and 1C
- Nathaniel Homwe - 5As, 3Bs and 1C
- Roy Madembo - 7As (1 being A*), 1B and 1C
- Student X - 7As, 1B and 1C
- Tendai Kunaka - 6As (3 being A*) 4Bs
- Tinashe Zheke - 6As (3 being A*) 2Bs 2Cs
- Kumbirai Mubaiwa - 6As (3 being A*) 2Bs
- Wadzanai Fred - 6As (1 being A*) 3Bs
- Divinepanacea Saungweme 6As (2 being A*) 2Bs
- Lakeishah Muzhara - 5As, 4Bs
- Tadiwanashe Kandira - 5As, 3Bs
(c ) ADVANCED LEVEL
For the fourth year running we achieved a 100% pass rate. 64% of our students scored 10 or more points. The following students did very well:
- Vimbainashe Chimhande 20 points: Biology A*, Chemistry A*, Mathematics A, Physics A
- Brandon Mahatchi 15 points: Biology A*, Chemistry A, Mathematics A
- Prince Chabata 15 points: Chemistry A, Mathematics A, Physics A
- Aimee Chimhini 14 points: Accounting A, Business A, Geography B
- Kudakwashe Maposa 14 points: Biology B, Chemistry A, Mathematics A
- Rutendo Makoni 14 points: Chemistry B, Mathematics A, Physics A
- Tadiwanashe Hamandishe 14 points: business A, History B, Literature in English A
- Vimbainashe Sengweni 14 points: Accounting A*, Business A*, Mathematics B
Well done to all our students, staff and parents for working hard together as a team. The improvements that keep on happening are testimony that if we keep on being united as a Goldridge family, we are destined to achieve greatness. Remember according to Simon Sinek, “A culture is strong when people work with each other, for each other. A culture is weak when people work against each other, for themselves”
God bless you.