While 2021 was a rather difficult year due to disruptions of face to face teaching and learning as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Goldridge family is proud of the results attained at various levels.
(a) FORM TWO CHECKPOINT
The Cambridge Checkpoint report for 2021 shows that our learners have a good understanding of the curriculum content. We highly commend the following learners who showed an excellent understanding of the curriculum content:
- Ilhaam Esat
- Priyasha Harry
- Panashe Madziyire and
- Andile Zhanje
Congratulations for the excellent results.
(b) IGCSE/ ‘O’ LEVEL
We achieved a 93.1% pass rate (54 out of 58 learners passed). The pass rate was higher than in 2020 when we achieved 87.9%. Our best student was Tinotenda Makunde who scored 11A* (in Mathematics, Geography, Business Studies, Accounting, Information Communication Technology, First Language English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Computer Science) Results in a class of their own *****
The following learners also did achieve brilliant results:
- Timukudze Chizema 9A* 1A
- Kaitano Tembo 6A* 4As and 1B
- Kudzwaishe Mhishi 6A* 2As and 1B
- Takura Chagonda 5A* 1A 3Bs and 1C
- Kelly Kaserera 4A* 6As
- Kimberly Magwaza 4A* 5As and 1B
- Dilip Kumar 4A* 2As 3Bs and 1C
- Kishan Nagar 3A* 6As and 1B
- Tadiwanashe Chinamatira 3A* 5As and 2Bs
- Kunashe Rungano 2A* 5As and 3Bs
- Wayne Gombera 3A* 3As and 3Bs
- Kudakwashe Muzenda 2A* 4As and 2Bs
- Cleopatra Nyevera 1A* 7As 1B and 1C
- Tadiwanashe Chitoro 1A* 6As and 2Cs
- Nyasha Chiridza 1A* 5As and 3B
At Advanced Level, for the sixth consecutive year, we scored a 100% pass rate with 41% of candidates scoring between 10 and 15 points. The quality was lower than in the previous years and this will be improved on this year. The best candidate was Bridget Dube who scored 15 points (Mathematics A, Chemistry A and Biology A) very good performance!!!
The following did very well:
- Kelsey Tombs (14 points) A (Biology) A* (Chemistry) and B (mathematics)
- Sabihah Esat (14 points) A (Biology) A* (Chemistry) and B (Mathematics)
Congratulations, Makorokoto, Amhlope to all our students who did very well!!! “Like armored knights we will shine for Goldridge our school” to borrow from one of the lines in our school song.
We thank all parents who encouraged and supported the children under the difficult circumstances faced last year. All your efforts were duly rewarded. To all parents with children in the examination classes, please encourage them to start preparing thoroughly for the Cambridge examinations.